Thursday, December 27, 2012

Janele and David Peck.... I'm not in Texas anymore


Dear Janele and David,

I'm not sure how I got so lucky as to end up in Canada with all this wintery weather.  The snow is blowing and it's accumulating quite rapidly today.   Can you believe the nerve of Devin bringing me outside at 0430hrs to do my "business" before leaving for work???  Devin said I'd make a good seeing eye dog, I maneuvered around the snowdrifts with ease while Devin tried to see through snow struck eyelids.

The snow is a lot like the race track, except it's poorly groomed here. It's NOTHING like your training track!  You could teach these Canadians a few things about proper grooming.

Despite being out in the raging storm this morning, I do find myself liking the cooler temperatures and snow.
Snow is definitely the new sand for me. I love to jump, hop and do lots of zoomies around in the snow.  I try and get Devin to join in with me, but I'm just too quick on the take off.  I get a lot of  "Milo, you're silly" or "Milo, you're crazy".  Those are normally followed up with lots of scritches and hugs.

I want you both to know that I'm doing just fine in the Great White North  Thank you for loving me enough to have me adopted.  I'm loving my retirement as much as I love running.   For the record... that's a lot!  :) 

Best wishes,

Milo (CTW Altar Boy  -106D-39894

Enclosing some photos from today:

My walk this morning - blowing snow and accumulating fast
Snow on Devin's truck
Lots of snow when Devin came home tonight from work
All dressed up to brave the winter weather. Complete with head/neck "snood" warmer
Do you remember how tall I am??? The plow went by and cleared a path for us on the sidewalk. The snowbanks are as tall as me, AND TALLER in other areas.
Watching the sidewalk being plowed.  I didn't trust that thing that tossed the snow around.  Crrrreepy!

PeAcE

1 comment:

  1. Hi Milo! It's really snowy here too, though not quite as snowy as where you are. I like your snood! Mom really needs to get me one like yours... Where did you get yours from? Maybe I'll ask mom for one for my birthday (coming up!) She knit me a snood, but it's too long and flops in my eyes. -JJ

    ReplyDelete