Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Busy Day!

Where to start?  I guess the beginning would be a good place to start, huh?
I say huh because i'm american - no Eh? here  :D


This morning Devin had me up and an ungodly hour to eat and walk. I actually wanted to sleep in.  Go figure, one day our schedules will match each other.

We went for morning walk and then some. I was on "poopie protest" as Devin calls it.  We got back to the house in time for Devin to get ready to bring me to see Dr. Janet.  I arrived with about 10mins or so to spare, but they took me in right away.  The receptionists are nice.  They were a bit stand-off'ish at first, but seem to be coming around.   My only complaint is they keep calling me "Me Lo".  They are quick to correct though.  In their defense they have only met me 3 times now and I'm sure a lot of their clients are french.

Anyway, I digress...

My appointment went well.  I was sent off with medicated shampoo to help with my dry skin. It's believed that my licking is from allergies.  I can take some benadryl to help with that.

Dr. says allergies are bad this year too.

When we got home Devin and Nana had lunch while i crashed out in my crate.  Little did i know what was coming.....  Bath time!

Devin brought me to the bathroom. I wasn't overly thrilled about this. My head was hanging as low as low could be and my tail took a deep dive between my legs.  I get into the tub though without much protest. I find even with my lovely long legs it's hard to get the back ones in.  Devin normally helps me by putting my front feet in for me, then i try to lift the back ones in. I get hung up on the tub wall.  Still so new to me.

My bath wasn't too shabby.  I get tired sometimes of standing and kind of go off to the side. Devin gets concerned thinking the water is too hot.  Truth be told, I kind of ham it up a bit ..Shhhhh....
Nana opened the door to the bathroom to get some cool air in, that gave me the shivers. *brrrr* :(
Nana closed the door and I calmed down.

I have the same amount of patience as Devin does.  5 minutes was a long time to sit there with that medicated shampoo on me.

Devin made sure i was squeaky clean/rinsed off well...

While Devin took a shower Nana dried me off the best she could.  I went off to my crate. Nana tried to fix the towel under me; I didn't want to be bothered. I let out a deep growly.  *My bad* :(

Nana backed off.  When Devin came out from the shower I had a look of disgust on my face. Devin wanted to know what was wrong. I guess i'm kind of transparent with my feelings/expressions.  Nana explained what happened.   Devin wasn't having any of that... I was sized up - THEN rewarded. Ha!
I was given a small snack and Devin kept touching me. I wasn't being a Mr Growly pants after that.

Everyone needs space from time to time...

I was left alone shortly after my bath.  Last time Devin bathed me and went out, I stole the skin plunger.
I'm happy to report I didn't do such a thing this time.  I snoozed... Baths are tiring!

How could i almost forget??  This morning when Devin took me outside to get the GPS from the truck I stood there with "a look" in my eyes. I wanted to jump up onto the drivers side seat where Devin had opened the door.  Devin told me to "wait". That lasted all of ohhhh a few moments.  I jumped up into the truck and stood there with my front legs standing on the passenger seat while my back legs were on Devin's seat (muddy toes of course! hehe).  Devin tried to get me to back up, turn around, get down. I wasn't going for it!
I saw my getaway!  i positioned myself to get between the two front seats and hopped over the hammock into the back seat. my made myself very comfortable. Devin called my name, pulled on my leash. I just laid there looking...staring. I didn't feel like moving. I like my car rides! At one point i even got up to get further over on the other side so Devin couldn't get to me.  That resulted in me sitting there staring out the front window.
I'm kind of getting the hang of "sitting".   The only time I will "sit" down is in my crate - just before falling over to nap or in the truck. 
Anyway, Devin with more coaxing Devin did manage to get me out of the truck. I was promised that i'd go for a ride shortly (Dr. Appointment).  That I did...



Lazy Me - I didn't want to get up this morning...
Still not wanting to get up....
And STILL not wanting to get up.....
Sitting funny in the truck - waiting for my car ride.  Ignoring Devin..


Sleeping - It's what I do during car rides...

Z z z z catching a bit of sun on the way back from the Dr's...


Being a real Dog (first time Devin has allowed this) - Devin opened the windows to let in some fresh air.

Squished nose...


Sleepy after my Dr. visit...

Watching the scenery.... Ride to/from the Dr.

Shortly after being Mr Growly Pants with Nana....
More Growly Pants
Reflecting on my Growly Ways....
Hey! STOP LISTEN WHAT'S THAT SOUND?? EVERYONE LOOK...... *musical moment*  ~Working on my Cirque du Soleil contortionist moves~



Taking a nap on Nana's Patio...


 PeAcE





No comments:

Post a Comment