Friday, September 2, 2011

To Nana's House We Go.....

Devin underestimated the heat of the morning sun.  I had Devin up like clock work at 0331hrs. I don't know what it is about that time; but I personally think that if I'm up then EVERYONE else should be up.  I start my morning routine of pacing.  If Devin is working the day shift that normally gets me fed. YUM!!!

This morning Devin told me to go back to bed; so that is what I did....UNTIL 6am.  Devin got up then to feed me. After that I crawled into bed with Devin and slept until a little after 8am.  Devin got up and told me we'd go for a walk after a shower.

We changed things up and walked up the parkway; a good 2 km.
The sun wasn't TOO bad on our walk up, but on the way back it was sure beating down.  Devin kept telling me just a few more minutes and we'd be home.  A few more minutes was more like 10minutes, but who's counting?? I WAS.  My tongue was flopping to the side of my mouth. Devin felt terrible, I know this.

We concluded our walk with a nice bowl of water and a couple of ice cubes.
I was sleepy from the walk and decided to hang out in my crate:

Morning walk - view

ZZ z z z zz Z z ...Friends make greyt pillows!

sheepie standing guard while i sleep

3 eyes are better than 2....



Later on Devin did some laundry and brought it over to Nana's to put out on the line.  I cried a bit when Devin left me to put the laundry in and when Devin went to Nana's.  Sometimes I just don't like to be alone.  My crying really is just a few whines then I either: a) wander off to bed or b) throw myself up against the door and lay down so Devin has a hard time getting back in.

Devin promised and followed through with the promise of going to Nana's.
I was left alone in the house while Devin brought the laundry in.  Rye-Lee was placed in Nana's room with the door closed.  ( Before Devin went outside we were all in the spare bedroom. Rye-Lee had jumped up on the spare bed and was laying on  the corner. I went up to him and he let out a  few low growls. He didn't want his personal space invaded. I get that. I feel the same way at times.  I stepped back and wandered off. We did this a few times..)

Stealing a shot of water


Before stepping outside I saw Devin stand by the counter; Contemplating moving the green peppers Nana had left out for us to bring home.  Devin decided to try the "trust" routine with me. First mistake!

Devin caught what was thought to be a glimpse of me in the kitchen window.  That should have been the first dead give away.
Uhm, Yes? What is it? Green pepper what?  Where? Oh that one. You left it there before you went out to get the laundry. What you don't remember leaving it here??? That's strange, I do...

Teeth marks in the pepper

More teeth marks in the pepper


I didn't do it.


After the small clean up, Devin opened up Nana's bedroom door to check on Rye-Lee. He was still laying where he was placed.
I decided he needed company.
Hmmm... Shark Eyes.. Thinking about getting up on the bed, also looking at Rye-Lee

What the??? *thinks Rye-Lee.   Rye-Lee didn't really appreciate sharing the bed with me at first....

Devin told Rye-Lee it was okay. That i'd be a good boy...

Rye-Lee settled in after a few moments. He didn't dare keep his back to me though.

Starring off not sure what to do with myself....
Practicing my Poor Me Look

I guess I'll just rest my bed

If I close my eyes will they go away????




So that's been my day so far.  Nana brought snacks over for me. I have some breath busters and Denta Stix.  I don't get many of them, but when I do get one I make sure nothing hits the floor!  I'm a clean eater, unlike Devin. Humans can be so dirty at times!


PeAcE

No comments:

Post a Comment