Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blood Work Results n' Other Fun Things :)

 Dr. Janet Lalonde called us this morning while we were out for my morning walk.
The results from my blood work were in.

Here are the areas of concern:
White Blood Cell Count: 3.6
Urea: 6.2
Creatinine: 197
Thyroid: 11.7 <-- not a concern at this time. Us greys run lower than normal breeds.

The main concern was with the WBC (white blood cell).  She is placing me on an antibiotic for 7 days (2x daily).  I have to go back in 6 weeks for a follow up kidney function test.

I'm on these antibiotics as a precautionary.  Nothing came back in the urine to say there is an infection however, i'm obviously fighting something for my counts to be off.
At least now we have a baseline in which we can go from. 


 NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF :)


 Last night for supper Devin gave me a nice tasty treat; SARDINES!!!!
Much to my surprise when I went to dig into my dinner Devin had put a can of sardines on food.  MmMmmm...Nom Nom Nom,  I gobbled those up first then licked and licked the water/fish off my food.   I thought I died and gone to heaven!
Goodness!


Nom Nom Nom Nom

Oops missed a piece!



 Nana came over last night and we went for  a quick walk.  We didn't make it very far before the clouds dumped a bucket of rain on all of us.  Devin closed my crate/nest door so I couldn't go lay down before getting dried off.
Soaked *meh

Still a little damp, but nice to be in my cozy nest.

  All this playing fetch and running at the park has worn me out.  My evening walks aren't as long.  I let Devin and or Nana know when I'm ready to turn back.
Last night I was dead to the world.




pushed myself up against the pillow (bumper pad) and crammed my head between the mattress and pillows. I like the squishy feeling.

Zz z z

Squishy!

Happy Sleep Smiles :)

ahhh.....

Z z z z

Pardon me,

Is there anything up my nose?

In from a quick pee, back to sleep

Fuzzy blankets are the best!



  Today Devin and Auntie Melissa brought me back to the park. Melissa and Devin tossed the ball for me and I ran crazy after it.  The last toss though put me on the temporary injured list.  I was running full pin after the ball and couldn't quite stop on a dime.  I managed to get the ball; but hurt my rear left leg in the process. I was walking on 3 legs, refusing to put that leg down.  Devin showed concern; I continued with my dramatic walk/hop.  I eventually walked it off and was okay.  I do like to milk things.  But really in my defense I was left with grass stains on both feet knuckles.   After that we went off to the beach; I had a good pant on.

 It took me no time to lead the way. I went out into the water without hesitation and plopped myself down into it.  I went out first this time. the water was JUST ABOUT over my back. I laid there for a bit cooling myself down; occasionally stealing a drink of water.  It was quite enjoyable today. No waves to toss me about.  No photos taken of the beach time though:(  Those will just be memories for Devin and I.

Here's a few photos though from the park today.

Auntie Melissa hanging out under the tree with me after my "injury"




Checking things out from the shade of the tree

I'm hot, lets get out of here!


Devin heads into work tonight, so that means NANA COMES OVER!!! :)

Exhausted from my play at the park.  Sleepy time

PeAcE

No comments:

Post a Comment