Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 40 (Treatment) Back From Seeing Dr. J

Devin and I took different route today. We went exploring a new street. It looped us around to the soccer field. We ended up cutting through there to get home.  There were tons of things for me to smell.
relaxing and cooling down before my foot treatment
 The usual when we got home. I got up on the couch, cooled down from my morning walk, then Devin went to work on my feet.    While my feet “did their thang”, Devin was in and out doing laundry and packing for our trip.   At one point I was laying in the hallway for Devin’s return, then the next time I was up on the bed beside the packed items.   I’m hoping that Devin doesn’t forget me!!
Hangin' out waiting for Devin to come back from laundry
Treatment time
tired of being on the couch, made my way to the big bed
Corn 1 (corn 2 above)
Don't forget to pack me!!
Getting ready to go to Nana's
Getting my crazies on!
We went over to Nana’s to check on things.  She’s been without power for almost 24hrs now.  A tree was struck by lightening and fell on the power lines a few house over from Nana. 

Devin went up on the roof to clean out the gutters while I stayed on the ground with Nana picking up what was tossed down from the roof.
Got me a water bottle to play with! *Crunch Crunch*
Me n' Dutches
There you are!  How'd you get up there??
 After all that excitement, we went home to have a little nap before heading off to my Dr. appointment.
Rough life of a retired racer
The Beach is that way~~>

I was a good boy for Dr. J today. I didn’t make a peep when she pared down my corns for me.  I stood there like a trooper.   Dr. J doesn’t think that the solution that Devin’s been using is working on my feet.  The corn keeps growing outwards, so the root is still there.
She said that corns are nasty little ones that are hard to get rid of.  She offered a surgical options, to which Devin declined.  We are going to keep at it ourselves.   I have a feeling that Karen (Camp Greyhound) is going to be getting a lot of emails from Devin again.  *heads up to Karen if you’re reading this*

We were given a surgical knife to use to help pare down the area. She told me I could continue to use the treatment i had been applying to him (Murray Ave Cream) and see if it does anything now that they have been pared.
Corn 2 (after being pared)
Corn 1 (after being pared)

 My itchy skin too may be from the change in my dog food. I’m since back on the old stuff.  Dr. J did mention that for the next 2 months she has a lot of skin issues coming in to see her; environmental stuff.    Devin was told it was okay to use my shampoo (medicated stuff) on me to see if that helps, keep an eye on things. If it’s really bad Devin was given the ok to give me some benedryl.

Other than that…All is good. I weighed in at  72.5lbs today.  Lucy’s mum would be so proud to hear that!  They couldn’t get over hour skinny I was when I first came home.
Can we please get outta here??
k, i'm ready nowwww.  *heading home from Dr. J's*

No comments:

Post a Comment