Monday, July 4, 2011

New Vet Experience - and HAPPY 4th Of July To Me :)

 This is how my 4th of July went..... I'm sure I've had better


This afternoon, Devin and I went to Alexandria for my vet appointment.

I met with Dr. Lalonde. I liked her. I let her listen to my heart, poke around and clip my toe nails.

I was given a prescription for Drontal.  2.5 pills to be taken on a FULL stomach. 
My current weight is 67lbs. I'm up 3lbs from my weigh in at Dr. Dan's.
Dr. Lalonde said i can and will gain a few more lbs, but i'm good where i'm at.


We asked about treats for my teeth.  Dr. Lalonde is not a believer in "cookies"; she prefers us to eat Raw Veggies.  I guess I'll be tapping into Devin's way of eating. I'll be Vegan'ish. :)

I'm good at eating my 1.5cups of food (breakfast and supper).

Dr. Lalonde was very impressed with my teeth. She said most Grey's coming off the track at my age have a very bad mouth and have head just about all teeth pulled.

****Thank you David and Janele Peck for keeping my mouth healthy during my track career!****




Devin just fed me my supper and came at me with the pills.  I was a little reluctant to open my mouth at first.
You would have been too if you saw the size of those suckers!  I think she mistaken me for a horse. They were HUGE!

Anyway, 2.5 pills down the hatch. I swallowed them up right away.

It's been an exhausting afternoon for me.  I'm going to nap until the sun goes down some.
Exhausting Day


It's too hot for my evening walk.



PeAcE

No comments:

Post a Comment