Thursday, June 2, 2011

Honeymoon Is Over...

Oh where to start with my day??

Devin has to take call the vet tomorrow and book an appointment for me. It's a little embarrassing so I don't wish to talk about it in this forum.

Devin and I had a power struggle today.  It started with the bed this evening. Devin removed all the bedding and washed it.  Prior to that Devin attempted to get me off of the bed. It was a good attempt on Devin's part, but i think i still have the upper hand being dog; most people are unsure of how we'll react.

Devin's attempt at teaching me the word "off" went something like this...

1) off - i flopped back on my side

2) off - i laid there looking like a deer in the headlights. I don't understand!!!!
3)off - pushing and pulling of bedding to get me towards the end. I yelped - Devin withdrew - I won!
4)off - i spazzed on Devin and started roaching from side to side quickly, as Devin pushed my feet began to flap about.  I gave Devin a good couple shots to the face/head; causing the glasses to go flying off Devin's face.  After that i flew off the bed and had the zoomies up and down the hall.

Devin wasn't angry, but i could see there was some frustration building.

As the evening went on, I was slowly grasping this "off" thing.  It took some bum pushing but that motivated me to get off the bed.  I'm learning. 

In happy news: I know how to "wait" :) 

2 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well at the vet's...no need to be embarrassed here - we all love you.
    t

    ReplyDelete