Saturday, December 24, 2011

Twas the night before Christmas....

This morning I had a BIT of a protest on. Devin put those darn blue things on my feet.  I wasn't too impressed; BUT I was happy when we went outside.  I must admit, Devin is getting better at putting them on.


Not moving... This is embarrassing


Fine.. But I'm not going to make opening the door easy for you...

We went over to Melissa and Sherry's for the afternoon.  It didn't take me long to find my comfy spot on the futon.






Devin came over to the Futon from the other couch. ....

Giving "the look"


Pant Pant *  Devin is getting better at reading my "signs"  I needed to go out.

Back inside.... snuggling

Melissa came to lay with me.  

Backyard with Angel

Does this jacket make me look......?

Please take this off.... I can't lay down
 Devin helped me out by taking the tummy strap off so I could lay down. Lately i've been finding it a bit awkward to lay down with my jacket fastened.   Maybe I can get a jacket like Nana's??  It's pretty sweet. It has reflective stripes and fastens all around her belly, covers the belly from the cold; nice and snuggly.

It's Christmas Eve.  Devin keeps telling me that "Santa" will be here tonight. I've nestled myself amongst my stuffies and blankies.  Time For Sleepies.


PeAcE


 Taken from:
http://tucsoncitizen.com/tucson-tails/2011/12/24/greyhounds-twas-the-night-before-christmas/




Greyhounds: Twas the Night before Christmas
Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the town
Not a creature was stirring, not even a greyhoun;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that an animated fat man would soon be there.
The pups were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of meaty marrow bones danced in their heads;
And me in my fleece jammies, and my human in her sweats,
Had just settled in for some cozy evening pets.
When out on the street there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Paws up to the window I flew like a flash,
Nudged open the blinds and scratched my rash.
The moon on the needles of the cacti did glow,
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below,
When, what to my sweet brown eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and 18 tiny sight hound reindeer.
With a little old driver, so nimble and quick,
I knew in a nano-second it must be St. Nick.
More rapid than coursers the greyhounds they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name:
Now Girlfriend, Harmony, Opa, Misty, Gordon, Anabel, Quinn Jose, and Ride-ER
On Saffron, Opal, Riley, Laila, Donut, Bird, Brin, Mahalo, Franklin, and Beam-ER
To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!
Now dash away! GO POTTY! Dash away all!
As dry leaves that before the wild winds fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,
So up to the house-top the greyt hounds they flew,
With the sleigh full of toys, just for good dogs like you.
And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.
As I wiggled my velvet ears, and looked around
Down the chimney the jolly fat man came with a bound.
He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all covered with dog hairs and soot;
A bundle of Petsmart toys he had flung on his back,
And I wondered if he had any stuffed Kongs in his sack?
His eyes — how they twinkled! His dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like apples, his nose like a cherry!
I sniffed his leg and wondered where he had been?
Did he visit Beagles, Labs, Terriers, mutts, and kit-tens?
The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,
And the smoke encircled his head like a pukey wreath;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly.
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly elf,
And I ROOED when I saw him, in spite of myself;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
My tail wagged. Was I was getting fed?
He spoke not a word, nor did I dare bark,
He filled all the stockings; Gee, it was a real lark,
And laying his finger aside of his nose,
And giving me a nod, then up the chimney he rose.
He sprang to his sleigh, and gave his hounds a whistle,
Away they all flew, like the crack of a thistle.
But I heard him yell, as he drove out of sight,
“HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL CREATURES BIG AND SMALL, SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS, PUT THOSE DAMN PUPPY MILLS OUT OF BUSINESS, AND LET’S END DOG RACING IN 2012…
…AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!”
Roo! Roo! (the end)







No comments:

Post a Comment