Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 1 - reflection

May 10, 2011 @1000hrs



My Day - in reflection: Milo Innes (Hawthorne) De Gray

Bill brought two nice people in to see us today. "Devin" took me out into the running yard for a walkabout.  We hit it off. It wasn't long after that Devin was signing the adoption papers to bring me home.

Getting up into the truck was a bit tricky. I stood there shaking a little bit. I wanted to "Kennel Up" but i was afraid i wouldn't make it.  Devin was nice and helped me in. My front feet were placed in first, then with a loving swoop Devin lifted up my bum and swooped me up into the truck.  As soon as the engine started i laid down next to my "Nana".

I didn't stir much at all; every now and then i let out a soft sigh.  I didn't cry one bit. I was a big boy taking on a new adventure.

We stopped off at this place they call a "gas station" It was there that i learned what a "windows" was. I could see Devin outside the window - i kept putting my nose to the "window" and smeared my nose up and all over the place.  Devin tapped on the window in an attempt to explain what this hard thing between the two of us was.

Off we went to what Devin said would be my forever home.

When we arrived "home" I got out of the truck without problem. I was a big boy and jumped out right out with very little encouragement.

Once inside i had my first challenge in front of me   STAIRS.
Devin didn't do a great job at holding my collar. I went down the stairs with a little bit of a spill at the bottom. Once inside the apartment i went on to explore my new environment.
I went from room to room investigating the new sights and smells.
I found this thing they call a "mirror". Completely fascinated; i'm not sure who was staring back at me, but i was in complete awe with this finding. I went back several times only to find something staring back at me and moving in time with my movements.  Devin told me it was a reflection, but i don't understand. I will likely have to explore this further - tomorrow.

I met a new friend tonight.  Her name is Lucy. We hit it off right away. We went on a long walk together, sniffed some grass, went for lots of pee's an just enjoyed each others company.

When i got back "home" i was VERY thirsty.  I gulped down my water, went and checked out that handsome hound in the "mirror" then wandered into my crate. I've been laying in here sleeping pretty hard on and off.  It's almost time for me to go outside again to do my goodnight business.

*********
I forgot to mention that i went into my crate on my own when i first arrived "home".
|while investigating my new digs i walked in and out of my crate a few times, after checking things out i self crated myself. The door was left open and i relaxed a bit before bringing "Nana" home.

 Oh, i almost forgot. I was fed this amazing kibble!
 Devin first tried to hand feed me; that was a no go; i didn't feel comfortable with that idea.
 I went over to my bowl and fed myself.  I went to town on it. It made Devin VERY nervous as i started choking.  It was at this point i believe  Devin remembered that water was supposed to be put down on my food. Good thing i wasn't fed my whole amount at once, the remainder of the food had water added to it. That slowed me down and i didn't choke, but BOY did i ever eat quickly.
***********

No comments:

Post a Comment