Friday, May 20, 2011

First Day Without Devin - Nana Time

Nana came to see me throughout the day. We even had a little nap together.
It was sure nice having her here with me. I'm not completely used to being left alone. I manage, but who doesn't like having company?  This new life is so quiet compared to the one I led.  

When Devin came home Nana had just left me. I was resting at the back of my crate. Devin called into the house and said "hello" I didn't budge from the back of my crate. Devin came over to see me and opened up the crate door. I was happy to have Devin home. My tail was wagging a mile a minute!
Devin ignored me a little bit - still trying to teach me that coming and going isn't a big deal.

We had supper. I then went to sleep for an hour before Devin brought me out.  I didn't want to go far tonight.
We made it to the back lot. There were so many mosquitoes. Devin was worried the lil' vampires were going to drink me dry!  Devin tapped the side of my cheek where one had been feasting. It looked like a massacre occurred on my backside!

We walked a few homes down the way. Devin pretty well has me able to poop on command.
I did do one psych out before actually going tonight. I got a bit distracted by the two ducks I saw in the field.

After doing my thing, Devin tried to get me to go for a walk. I didn't want anything to do with that tonight.
I just wanted to come back home.
When I went down the stairs tonight I went so slowly! Devin could hardly believe it!
I normally make it down the first few steps then jump down the rest. 

I went into the apartment and had an ice cube. I can not stress how much I love these things!
They are like....icy goodness!  Sometimes I can't be bothered to lift my head up off the blankets when I eat. Devin keeps telling me that it would be much appreciated if I would lift my head up so the ice cube doesn't get stuck in my throat.  Truth be told, I think I kind of like getting a rise outta Devin.
Devin needs to mellow out some!  I made it to 4 with my racing career - you think an ice cube is going to take me out??? 

Oh I forgot to mention something...
On my way outside tonight, when we went through the first set of doors from our apartment to the main hall/stairs the arm on the door made this funny sound. I stood there for a few moments just staring up with my head tilted to the side. Devin at first couldn't figure out what I was staring off at. It quickly became apparent.


New things to experience each day!

Devin has decided to let me decide for myself if I need to go for a walk or not.
I'm going to listen to my body.  Last night when I let Devin lead I was exhausted and overheated for several hours.

Okay, it's getting late.
I need to keep sleeping

PeAcE

No comments:

Post a Comment