Monday, May 9, 2011

Preparing for Milo

The preparations for "Milo" began on 04-06-11.

I had been researching greyhounds since about last September/October.  I was in short communication with an agency in North Gower. They were good in answering a few general questions I had.  I attempted to make communication with them again however i didn't receive any reply.  I have since been told that the person(s) who run that agency are only in Canada for X amount of month out of the year; spending the remainder of the time out of the country.

My search was on to find another agency. I wasn't able to find any other agencies in my area.  I had half contemplated contacting the Atlantic agency and seeing how to go about adopting from them.

A few months later a tenant would move in down the hall from me with a greyhound - "Lucy".
In speaking with her she told me of an agency just outside of  London Ontario (I had actually come across that page and had been lurking the forums).  After speaking with her and spending time with Lucy i knew i had to get in contact with "Bill".

I sent Bill an email with a list of questions. Because of my experience with the other agency, .I was expecting to have my questions answered in a few weeks. Much to my surprise that evening Bill had quickly responded to my email, requesting my phone number so he could speak with me further. I believe it was either the next day or the day after when i received my phone call from him. Bill was patient in answering all my questions and concerns.  It was decided then that i'd be in contact with him as soon as i could establish my holidays.

By the end of the week, i felt like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - I had the golden ticket!!! My vacation days were approved. I requested a few days off which equaled into 10 days. I wanted time to be able to bond with the grey and help him adjust to "home" life; not to mention i wanted to be able to do proper "alone time" training with him.  

To make a long story short - it's now May 9th, 2011. It feels like this day was never going to arrive.
My Mum and I will be heading up to Mississauga in a few hours.  We will be staying at my friends place for the night.  In the morning we'll be heading out to London; hopefully by noon we'll be back on the road with "Milo" -heading home .... To his Forever home.


Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment