Sunday, May 22, 2011

Meeting Papa, Curiosity and First Cuddles

Papa came over with Nana today to measure the window for the A/C unit to go in.
Devin really needs to get on the ball with this!  I'm used to being in a temperature controlled kennel.


I don't think people understand exactly how special I am.  I can't be treated like other breeds out there.
I may be a super star athlete but i'm not hardy; Due to my lack of fat and hair- it's very difficult for me to deal with hot and cold weather.  I  need to be in a controlled temperature environment of 68 - 72 degrees.
 (Devin get that a/c in this week!)

Getting back to my story about Nana and Papa --
I was happy to see Nana and Papa.  This was my first time having Papa over to visit.
Papa has a bit of a fear of larger dogs. He was concerned that I may bite him.  Nana told him that i'm very gentle.

I followed Papa around :)  I was wagging my tail a mile a minute. I hit the wall a few times - Papa said I was going to put my tail through the wall.  Silly Papa :)


Nana and Devin both agree that I'm coming out of my shell more and more each day.
I'm sniffing around more while i'm out on my walks.  I'm investigating more things within my new home.

Just the other day when Devin was hanging jackets in the hall closet I popped my head into the recycling bin and began to quietly pull out a mushroom tray out. Just as i was almost free Devin saw what i was doing. I was asked "what do you think you're doing".   Uhm... I took that as the HINT: not a good idea.  I dropped it and walked away.

Nana and I had a snooze together today. I woke up before Nana and started to play. My body was in "play stance" when I barked 2 times at Nana!   Nana took me out to do my business. :)I think his "voice" thing can work to my advantage.  It's kind of neat how I make a few sounds and my needs are met without hesitation.


I had my first cuddle with Devin today.

Devin was laying on the floor in the computer room. I think it's safe to say that Devin was feeling a bit exhausted after my shenanigans this morning.    Anyway, yeah...
I was laying down on my belly a foot or so away from Devin.  When all of a sudden i rolled over and cuddled into Devin.  This only the 2nd time Devin has laid on the floor when I've been nearby.

Baby steps.  Devin just wanted to make sure that I knew who was the alpha in the home - hence the not laying on the ground to appear to be equal or lesser.

Devin received a few replies so far in regards to my being hungry.  Apparently it's a running theme with other grey's right now - wanting breakfast at an early hour.

Someone suggested that Devin withhold 1/2 cup of kibble and feed it with some PB inside a KONG just before bed.    I can't wait for my bedtime snack! Hopefully that does the trick.

Okay it's time to go out for my bedtime pee and BED!

PeAcE

No comments:

Post a Comment