Thursday, May 19, 2011

Walk of Death & Nana Got The Stamp of Approval

So Devin took me for a walk after supper tonight. I believe it was around 1800hrs.
The sun didn't feel very hot nor did it feel overly humid. I began panting - not too heavy, but still panting nonetheless.  Devin watched me, as it's easy for me to overheat.

We ended up walking down to the bridge, we normally go alllllll the way up the hill and into the park a little bit. . When we went to turn around to come home a nice man was packing up his fishing gear and came over to talk to Devin. He asked lots of questions and asked if it were okay for me to be pet.  Devin said yes. It's amazing how much love and attention I get from strangers.  Not all strangers are "danger".

Anyway - So after my visit with "stranger man" Devin and I made our way home. I started to pant heavily.
Devin had to encourage me to keep going. By the time we rounded the bend for home, I was really lagging.

Devin was worried. We went inside to have a drink of water and for me to lay down. I was laying down panting when Devin waited a bit to give me an ice cube.  I was so tired and hot i didn't even lift my head up to chew on the ice cube. Devin told me that It would be in my best interest and Devin's own piece of mind to lift my head up while i chomped, but i couldn't be bothered.

Devin felt the bald spot on my neck and was surprised at how hot it was.
Several ice cubes (spread out) later Devin went and got the BIG FLOOR FAN and pointed it on me. I also had a nice cool towel run down my body to cool me off. 

Floor fan/ice cube/cool towel wipe down is what i needed.
LESSON LEARNED thankfully not the hard way for Devin today.  I am but a delicate flower who needs to be protected from the world in some regard.  HEAT and COLD are not my friends!

Devin spoke with the "super" tonight about putting in the A/C. 
A/C is nothing new for me. I've always been kept in a kind of climate controlled environment.


When Nana came over I wasn't quite ready to for my before bed "out"; but I did go out with her. I did "EVERYTHING" for her.

Who knew there was a world outside of Devin? 

Time to go to bed - Devin's first day back to work is tomorrow morning.

We have a schedule written down on the whiteboard to help organize those who are helping me out.
Devin likes lists too -  :)

PeAcE

No comments:

Post a Comment